If you’re new to the window world, you’re probably asking yourself what windows would fit perfectly in your new sunroom or which types are the easiest to maintain. For many, the answer is simple: vinyl windows! These low-maintenance and cost-effective alternatives to other window types (like aluminum) can remain in mint condition with the right care, providing more than 20 years of added appeal to your home.
Below, we’ll discuss how to 清洁 vinyl windows and where you can find assistance for this project.
You should 清洁 your vinyl windows at least two times a year or call on a professional to detach, 清洁, and reinstall your windows for you.
If you are wondering how to 清洁 vinyl windows, 第一个, pay attention to the 清洁ing products you use. Exposing your windows to abrasive products can ruin your glass. 避免产品:
- Harsh chemicals such as bleach or ammonia
- Rough cloths that can scratch window surfaces
Instead, turn to products like:
- Soft microfiber cloths or sponges
- Baby soap or vinegar mixed with water
- A vacuum for debris on the window
How to Clean the Frames and the Inside of Vinyl Windows
Vinyl windows consist of plastic frames that can put up a fight against harsh conditions but will inevitably show some damage if not taken care of properly.
When 清洁ing vinyl window frames, you shouldn’t wipe down frames that have specks of dirt or debris until you’ve had a chance to vacuum up the particles. 否则, you’ll risk rubbing these abrasive particles into the frame’s surface, creating irreversible scratches. You can even down the window panes, gently rinsing them off with a hose.
下一个, it’s time to 清洁 the frames and wash the inside of the vinyl window with a gentle cloth and a non-abrasive 清洁ing liquid. You can use either a special vinyl window 清洁er or a mixture of your own. We suggest mixing one gallon of water at room temperature with 1½ cups of white vinegar and some lemon juice to mask the smell.
Wipe down the glass 第一个, and then, starting at the top, wipe down the frame with the mixture. Dry it afterward with a cloth to prevent streaks or residue. Now, let’s move on to the exterior.
Exterior Vinyl 清洗窗户 Tips
The process of 清洁ing vinyl window exteriors is pretty much the same as that of interiors. This means extracting the window and the panes if possible, vacuuming up excess dirt and grime, and rinsing the exterior off with water before applying a 清洁ing solution to the vinyl window. Finish off by rinsing the excess soap or vinegar off with water and drying it with a sponge or cloth to avoid streaks.
Steps for 乙烯基擦窗户
If you’re looking for the best way to 清洁 vinyl windows, follow these directions to get squeaky 清洁 and protected vinyl windows:
- 进行一次体检: Take note of issues your windows may have, including cracks and mold. Constant debris on the interior of the vinyl window may mean the elements are seeping in. You may need to seal or weather-strip the window.
- 拆下零件进行清洗: Takedown the screens and sashes on the window, followed by the window and frames.
- Take care of extra particles: Remove abrasive particles by vacuuming the window surface and frames, lightly wiping the tracks with a lubricant.
- 从清洗开始: Wash the interior and exterior of the vinyl windows with 清洁 water. 下一个, using a delicate solution, apply it to the glass 第一个. Then, working from the top down, apply it to the frame.
- 洗后: Rinse off the solution with water and wipe dry immediately.
- 清洗脏纱窗: Giving your vinyl windows a proper 清洁 means attending to the screens as well. Place them under a light-pressured water stream and scrub with a soft-bristled brush.
- 组装: Replace the windows and the frames, followed by the screens and the sashes. Check to make sure the sashes move smoothly and that you’ve secured the window in place.
Hire a Professional Vinyl Window Cleaner from 百老汇app
Although knowing how to 清洁 vinyl windows isn’t the biggest home improvement project you’ll encounter, it’s not always a task you can get around to doing. That’s why you should count on 百老汇app Professionals to bring the Seattle sunshine back into your home. By calling , you’re signing up to be the new envy of your block!